The outgoing governor of the Bank of England has warned that George Osborne's plan to boost the housing marke...
Select upto 6 subjects
Mayonnaise has its uses!
Mayonnaise is infact useful for more than just making tuna and egg mayo sandwiches, believe it or not.
- Wipe out water stains on wood surfaces. Apply 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise on a paper towel and lay the towel over the stain, pressing lightly. Leave on for 15 minutes or longer if necessary. Wipe away excess mayonnaise and buff the stain with a cloth.
- Remove crayon marks from furniture, floors or walls. If the children get too creative on the wood floors, try rubbing mayonnaise on the crayon marks. Let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe away with a damp cloth
- Take the sticky out of stickers.Dissolve the glue on stickers by rubbing mayo over them. Let it sit for a few minutes and then peel off the sticker.
- Shine up your house plant leaves.Professional florists to use this trick. Using a paper towel, rub a dab of mayonnaise on houseplant leaves to make them shiny, happy plants for weeks at a time.
- If you child gets chewing gum in their hair, apply some mayonnaise and it will loosen the gum so you can remove it.
- Help ease cuts or burns. Apply mayonnaise to the area and after leaving it on for a few minutes wipe it off.
Do you have any handy household hints? Let us know below.
Join the conversation
why not save time filling in forms and let us do it for you...
You're logged in with facebook.